The restaurant business can eat you alive! The School for Startups Blog reports 80% of restaurants fail within the five years. Is there anything more important than growing and keeping a loyal customer base? If you could entice your loyal customers to come in just once or twice more per month and grow the base of loyal customers by a few percentage points every month, how much of a difference would that make to your bottom line?
Business savvy restaurant owners are turning to custom apps to communicate with customers and grow their businesses. With a relatively small investment the custom mobile app can:
- Facilitate To Go orders: Publish your to go menu and receive orders through the app. Add an in-app merchant function and the customer pays at the time or order.
- Take reservations or in-line requests from your customer’s smart phone directly into your reservation system.
- Send coupons on a daily or weekly basis. Do you have a slow day? Send a daily coupon to generate business.
- Publish menus on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Publish specials and news about what makes your business unique.
- Inform your customers about things that are important to them. Do you use locally grown produce? Do you have customer-centric data about vegetarian dishes and calorie information?
- Receive mission critical real time feedback from customers about your food and service.
- Share customer reviews and comments with your fan base.
- Gather information about who your customers are (demographic surveys) and what they want.
- Promote the parts of your restaurant that make it special: food, entertainment, service, nightlife.
- Connect your customers to social media (Facebook, Twitter) platforms.
Building good customer relationships is the key to success in any business – “Touching” the customer with information the customer wants to hear (How can I save money? Or go to my favorite place when there’s not a wait? Or go to that place when they’re serving pork loin again? – is the key to building a good and loyal customer base. For much less than you might think, a custom app developer can make all these services available to you and your customers in a few weeks.